Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Marathon, Pt. 3

Actually, I made more than one Christmas mix in 2003. The first was outrageously nasty, so I figured I had to have something different to play for a family-type audience -- and hence this little biscuit. All clean and safe to play for all but the most easily-offended folks (and for them, I had yet another mix, which is too boring to post).

One number here, Meryn Cadell's "The Cat Carol", is one of my top 5 favorite Christmas songs ever, and makes me weep like a slashed aloe plant every time I hear it. Be warned.

Almost nice...

Song List:

01 - Buck Owens - Christmas Time's A-Coming
02 - Loudon Wainwright III - Suddenly It's Christmas
03 - Mojo Nixon - Good King Wenceslas
04 - George Thorogood - Rock & Roll Christmas
05 - Li'l Ed & The Blues Imperials - I'm Your Santa
06 - Graham Parker & Nona Hendryx - Soul Christmas
07 - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Sleigh Ride
08 - Chi - Santa Claus Is A Black Man
09 - Shu-Bi-Dua - White Christmas
10 - Nashville Superpickers - Oh Come All Ye Faithful
11 - The Primitives - Silent Night
12 - Tiny Grimes & JB Summers - I Want A Christmas Present
13 - Ralph Marterie & His Orchestra - Dig That Crazy Santa Claus
14 - Gayle Peevey - I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
15 - Troy Hess - Christmas On The Moon
16 - Thee Spivies - There's No Christmas On The Moon
17 - Webster Webfoot - Who Will Take Me Home For Christmas
18 - Art Carney - Santa And The Doodle Li Boop
19 - Old 97s - Have A Holly Jolly Christmas
20 - The Heptones - Christmas Time Is Here
21 - The Roches - Winter Wonderland
22 - Meryn Cadell - The Cat Carol
23 - Dash Rip Rock - Christmas In El Paso
24 - Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys - Empty Chair At The Christmas Table
25 - Pizzicato Five - Silent Night

No comments: