Monday, January 25, 2010

Blues For Em, Again

I dreamed about her again, yesterday. I don't suppose it'll ever stop. She welcomed me back with open arms, and asked me why I had to let her drop.

Or, "When Will The Blues Leave," as Ornette Coleman put it. And "There Aint No Cure For Love," which Leonard Cohen said. And perhaps "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes," according to Frank Zappa. Regarding that last one, I have to wonder if Zappa intended it as a corrective; my experience, at least in dealing with big city auto drivers, is that assholes don't mind being called assholes at all -- in fact, they relish it. Makes 'em feel badass. The only way to get under their skins at all is to impugn their intelligence. Call them stupid, or foolish, in other words. And that's how I'll think of myself, today.

Song List:

01. Merle Haggard - Always Wanting You
02. Saint Etienne - 4.35 In The Morning
03. Knitters - Trail Of Time

Time enough for regret.

No comments: