Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Podwalker's Dogcast, Pt. 2

If you haven't quite figured it out yet, this blog is part of my drive to complete mix CDs. Thinking-up ideas for them is loads of fun, but completing the song selection is a burden I can rarely bear. Our big picture, here, must therefore wait until several sub-assemblies are readied for final construction. Thus, "Pt. 1", "Pt. 2", etc. Mostly, these "parts" are put together in a definite order, ready to be patched into the mix, but this segment will be an exception. I couldn't do a dog-themed mix without several cover versions of The Stooges' "I Wanna Be Your Dog", but it seemed much easier to upload them all together, then scatter them around the mix later.

That said, I should add that I think the first track of this part fits perfectly with the last track of the previous part. The other two versions of this song will be fitted elsewhere in the mix, probably.

Also, I regret being forced to leave out all of Joan Jett's several versions from many bootlegs --I like her a lot, but the versions I had to choose from were all overlong and overidentical. Those performances were fine, in the context of a show, but useless here.

You know where that is!

Song list:

01. Uncle Tupelo - I Wanna Be Your Dog
02. La Grande Illusion - I Wanna Be Your Dog
03. Emilie Simon - I Wanna Be Your Dog

No comments: